Activities at Money Power Day include:
• Exhibitor Area: The Exhibitor Area includes non-profit and for-profit exhibitors that provide workforce, housing, financial, legal, banking, and small business service. State/city agencies, insurance companies, and many more are involved. Participants may receive screening for public benefits and an opportunity to shred sensitive documents.
• Workshops: There will be at least 9 workshops available that focus on saving and budgeting, credit/debt management, small business development, and homeownership.
• Credit Café: Participants will be able to pull free credit reports on-site and receive individual credit counseling.
• Youth Zone: The Youth Zone will feature games and entertainment for children aged 4-14 that focus on financial education and entertainment.
• Tax Prep: Free tax prep is provided for families that make under $53,000 a year.
• Small Business Zone: which brings multiple resources for small business development into one place. Attendees can get financial advice, business planning help, information on credit and loans for small businesses, tax advice and more.
• Financial Planning Zone: Certified Financial Planners™ will provide free one-on-one consultations with residents to review their financial status and provide advice on issues such as preparing for retirement, reducing debt, and planning for the educational needs of children.