Financial Coaching Fellowship
The Financial Coaching Fellow supports recruitment and management of the CASH Coach Program, Baltimore CASH Campaign’s financial coaching resource. In financial coaching, an individual establishes a financial goal and works with a supportive coach to identify methods and strategies by which to achieve their stated goal. The coaching method draws upon the strengths of the individual receiving coaching and allows them to develop their own solutions while the coach holds them accountable and provides them with feedback.
The Financial Coaching Fellow reports to the Program Manager for Financial Security and is responsible for supporting coach and client recruitment and for providing financial through an online portal called MyBudgetCoach.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Promote the financial coaching program through publicity strategies and campaigns.
· Recruit volunteers and ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained.
· Work with referral partners to build a pipeline of clients to participate in the financial coaching program.
· Assist with data collection by following up with clients and coaches.
· Coach 2-3 clients through MyBudgetCoach, an online financial coaching portal.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
Graduate student preferred. Undergraduate students or graduates accepted. A successful candidate will have an educational background in social work, public policy, finance, psychology, human resources, or related field.
· Must have excellent written and oral communications, training experience a plus.
· Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks.
· Must be able to motivate and manage volunteers.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Experience with social media a plus.
The Financial Coaching Fellow will receive in depth coach training by attending a training session in Atlanta from August 22-23 or on site by Baltimore CASH Campaign staff, depending upon the availability of the new hire.
This is a one year position for 15 hours per week at a rate of $10/hr. To apply please send resume and cover letter to Courtney@baltimorecash.org. Position open until August 31, 2014. An Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.